.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Dindigul, Tamilnadu, India

Imperfect man in imperfect world.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Quality of Work in Software

I feel quality of work or deliverables of a person depends on his Character , his brought up , more over, I can say it depends on the country he belongs to.

I have worked with people of different countries. It seems like Indians are ready to settle with meager quality. The deliverable are correct only when it is going to be tested with a third pary.

I could not see the self motivation or passion to provide the best in Indians.

Its starts from the Indian schools. Quality of labs in educational institution. The standards of projects people do as part of the curriculums.
every where low quality is accepted.

so it continues in work too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Akilan! Well said!!

I perfectly agree with u regarding the Indian attitude of settling of something less than the best. Having been in this industry for 3+ years, I see most of the Indian software engineers uninspired and view their job with matter of fact attitude. The passion, the desire to take ownership, the fire to deliver the best--these are the things I find missing in the average software engineer.

All this discussion is based on rational observation of what I see daily. I completley disagree with Paulraj. We cannot turn a blind eye to our collective limitations and religiously say "We Indians are great". We have to accept our weakness, and always try to rectify it.

Of course, there are exceptions to every collective behavior. Akilan, u and I know number of people who are exceptions to this pattern of generalized Indian behavior.

Monday, February 26, 2007 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger ஜோசப் பால்ராஜ் said...

Hi Akilan,
I am not the one who is blindly saying "Indians are Great" ,
Attitude and inspirations can't be seen nation wise Akilan, its based on the way the individual developed himself, In singapore currently i am in my 2nd company, in these 2 companies, majority of the workers are Indian only, and i never seen any of those kind people with out quality in their work.
May be i may not come across such situation like you both.

Monday, February 26, 2007 9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home